Applications to the fund are invited from young people who are:
- In care
- Care leavers
- Young People in receipt of income support
- Disabled young people in receipt of Employment and Support Allowance who are also in receipt of Disability Living Allowance
- To families with an income below £25,000
Applicants must be under 19 on 31 August in the academic year in which they start their programme of study. Where a young person turns 19 during their programme of study they will continue to be supported to the end of the academic year in which they turn 19 or until the end of their programme of study, whichever is the sooner.
The criteria for a free school meal entitlement, which are subject to change, are available on the Suffolk County Council website.
Payment of 16-19 Bursary
Payment of a bursary will only be made once eligibility has been established.
Bursaries will be paid to students at the following rates:
Autumn Term 50%
Spring Term 40%
Summer Term 10%
Payment will be made by cheque or BACS into the students’ bank account subject to equalities legislation.
You are also entitled to apply for a contribution towards the cost of your public transport to and from the College. This will only be paid once receipt of payment has been received and assessed.
Receipt of a bursary will be conditional on the student meeting the following standards:
- 95% attendance unless written medical evidence is provided
- All agreed deadlines must be met
- If a student is subject to two “cause for concern” meetings with Head of Sixth Form or Head of Year the bursary may be removed